Alto Rey | Torrox Beach Club Apartment Rental FeaturedCalle Barranco del Agua, Torrox, Spain
About this listing
Welcome to Alto Rey – Recently refurbished, 2 bed apartment
Tourist license VFT / MA / 12698
Alto Rey, a luxury air-conditioned apartment with a lovely Communal Pool, rated excellent by Trip Advisor, is located within the Torrox Beach Club development on the coast towards the eastern end of Torrox Costa. Car parking spaces are available immediately outside the apartment on the community access road.
The apartment is comfortably furnished for four people and comprises two bedrooms, each with its own en suite bathroom, a fully fitted kitchen and lounge/diner room, leading onto a large south facing sun terrace which overlooks El Peñoncillo beach with views to the Mediterranean. Torrox Beach Club has its own well maintained lovely Communal Pool and communal gardens, to which all guests have access.
Both bedrooms and the lounge/dinner have their own air conditioning unit, to both heat and cool depending upon the season, as well as independently controlled ceiling mounted fans to improve air flow. Bed linen and towels are provided.
The apartment has free Fibre Wi-Fi, TV channels are received via an internet service providing many UK channels, as well as a variety of European channels and an AV receiver for use with DVD’s and CD’s.
No smoking and no pets.
Bedroom 1, double bed, two bedside cabinets each with table lamps, radio alarm clock, double wardrobe, chest of drawers and hair dryer. Located in the wardrobe is a safe for the storage of personal valuables.
Bedroom 2, twin beds, two bedside cabinets each with table lamps, radio alarm clock, double wardrobe, chest of drawers and hair dryer, whilst in the wardrobe there is an iron, ironing board and airier.
Bedroom 1, Fully tiled ensuite bathroom with large walk-in shower, WC, wash hand basin with mirror over and shaver point. Personal bathroom scales.
Bedroom 2, Fully tiled ensuite bathroom with large walk-in shower, WC, wash hand basin with mirror over and shaver point.
The apartment’s fully fitted kitchen has granite work surfaces, a ceramic hob, electric oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, electric kettle, toaster, Brita water filter jug, electric juicer and a full range of crockery, glasses, and utensils. Oven gloves, hand towel and two tea towels are provided, together with a small supply of tea, coffee, and sugar.
Living Room / Dining room:
The lounge/dining room has two sofas (one three seat, one two seat), a dining table with six chairs, coffee table and a small selection of books and games. The internet router, TV and entertainment equipment are also to be found in the lounge on a separate table. Double French doors open out onto the sun terrace.
The south facing, tiled, terrace, with its built-in barbeque, extends to some 30 square metres and enjoys the sun from early morning to late in the afternoon or early evening. The patio table and chairs seats six. In addition, there are four sun loungers and large and small sun parasols.
The apartment is cleaned prior to the arrival of each guest. Fresh bed linen and towels being provided at that time. The towels are provided for use in the apartment. Each bathroom also has a small bar of soap and sachets of shower gel and shampoo.
In the event guests require the apartment to be cleaned during their stay this may be arranged through our local agent at an additional charge, which it paid directly to cleaning company.
Alto Rey Amenities/Facilities:
- En-suite Bathroom Facilities in each Bedroom
- Safe for Personal Valuables
- Air Conditioning and Ceiling Fans
- Internet Access
- Shared Swimming Pool and Gardens
- Satellite TV and Entertainment Equipment
- Microwave Oven
- Washing Machine
- El Peñoncillo Beach, nearby
- South facing terrace.
- lovely Communal Pool
From the parking area on the community access road at the rear of Alto Rey, there is a short flight of steps leading down to the main door. Here there is also access to a part of the communal gardens. Once inside the apartment and terrace is on one level.
Having a car is undoubtedly useful both for the apartment and in the area, although there is a good public bus service on the main coast road. ALSA Bus service. Indeed, the owners, when visiting, often train from Malaga airport to María Zambrano railway station and then cross the road to the main bus station to board the express bus to Torrox Costa.
Urbanisation Facilities including a lovely Communal Pool
Torrox Beach Club’s communal gardens are well maintained and there for all to enjoy.
There is parking by the gated lovely Communal Pool which is itself only available for the community. There is an access key within the apartment. The pool is equipped with sun loungers and parasols around the surrounding grass area and has a pool attendant during the height of the summer season. For the less able, there is access to the lovely Communal Pool by means of shallow steps. The main pool is augmented by a small infant’s pool with its own safety enclosure. There are toilets and showers within the pool area.
“Please do ensure you leave the key within the apartment when you depart”.
On El Peñoncillo beach there are cold-water showers and a lifeguard during the summer months, whilst sun loungers and parasols are provided by the local beach-side restaurants. There is a nautical school on El Peñoncillo beach where you can windsurf or use a canoe.
In addition, Torrox Costa and nearby Nerja (only 5 miles along the coast), boast many other beautiful beaches, making Torrox Beach Club an ideal location to enjoy the many local beaches on its doorstep. These include; Torrox Costa’s Ferrara beach and Nerja’s Burriana Beach both of which have been awarded the quality Blue Flag and ‘Q’ awards.
Places to visit:
Nearby are the famous Nerja Caves, only discovered in 1959 and one of the most beautiful cave complexes in Europe and really worth seeing. No trip to the local area is complete without a visit to the picturesque and historic village of Frigiliana. Indeed, the whole of the beautiful Axarquia Region is a great place to explore. Consequently, if you enjoy rambling and getting out into the great outdoors and away from the droves of the coastal towns, this is the place for you. Likewise, there is the region and historical city of Granada and noteworthy Alhambra palace, just one hour’s drive away. Whilst a further half an hour’s journey takes one 2,100 metres up to the popular Sierra Nevada winter ski resort.
Also, from here, it is easy to visit Malaga, with its magnificent Cathedral, hill-top Castillo de Gibralfaro and the Picasso Museum, amongst the city’s many attractions.
Furthermore, all year long, cultural and leisure activities take place in Torrox Costa and Nerja. This includes theatre, exhibitions, music concerts, flamenco, and traditional dance. SolTalk a monthly magazine, written in English, giving a wide variety of information about the area, clubs, markets and any public holiday or festivals.
Eating Out, Cuisine and Nightlife
Throughout the Costa del Sol there are a wide selection of good cafes and bars. The main leisure area in Torrox Costa being along the Paseo Maritimo and the side streets leading to the beach. This is a about a mile from Torrox Beach Club. With Torrox saying it has “the best climate in Europe with 329 days per year of sunshine” few will disagree and it is ideal for “al fresco dining”.
The cuisine in Torrox Costa is typical of the Axarquia region. Specialties include Ajoblanco con Uvas (Garlic Soup with Grapes), Chota a la Cazadora (Kid in Almond Sauce), Cordero Asado al Horno (Roast Marinated Lamb) and Sweet Churros (fried dough sticks). Churros are like donuts dipped in hot chocolate, delicious! That said, there are many, many restaurants catering for all types of food and ethnic backgrounds.
During the summer, some bars along the coast offer music shows and flamenco performances. For the young at heart, there are also a selection of pubs and discos.
Here are just a few of the many pleasing testimonials from our guest book.
- Es un apartamento muy bonito y nos gustaba mucho estar aquī de vacaciones. Disfrutábamos la vista del balcōn al mar. No faltaba nada aquī, todo lo que necesitabamos encontrabamos y en total es muy guay! Gracias por todo.
(It is a very nice apartment and we really liked being here on vacation. We enjoyed the view from the balcony to the sea. Nothing was missing here, we found everything we needed and in total it is very cool! Thanks for everything.)
- Thanks a lot for a brilliant hospitality, responsiveness and certainly for the apartment which is the best we have ever visited in our vacations. We are really happy that our vacation days were exactly here because, in fact, we felt at home here.
- Merci beaucoup por cet appartment trés propre confortable et bien équipé. Trés belle vue sur la terrasse. Nous avons passé un agréable sejour.
(Thank you very much for this very clean, comfortable and well equipped apartment. Very nice view on the terrace. We had a pleasant stay.)
- Had a lovely relaxing week. Apartment really well equipped. Have stayed at Torrox Beach Club before and this apartment is superior to them all. Visited Nerja (lovely as always) recommend “Jose & Victoria” great food. Try Costa del Sol” right opposite on the beach [El Peñoncillo] right opposite on the beach for super fresh home cooked food. Weather hot and sunny – sorry to be going home, a week is not enough!! We hope to be back soon. Thanks to Joe for his help and assistance with this boking.
- We have had a lovely week at “Alto Rey”. Your apartment is amazing! Couldn’t of asked for anything better, so clean and comfortable. We have stayed many times in Torrox Beach Club and never been disappointed. We love this area, beach bars are great, the lovely Communal Pool is never busy. We always enjoy Restaurant ‘34’ in Nerja town. A week is not long enough! Sad to go home. Thank you so much.
- Thanks for an extraordinary vacation in your apartment. For sure we will return. Everything was just perfect. Clean, comfortable,, the beach, the pool, everything.
FINAL RULE: Enjoy yourselves and do remembers to write up your comments in the visitor book.
- ID: 328
- Guests: 4
- No of Guests: 2
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Rooms: 4
- Check-in After: 4:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Apartment
- Size: 150 m2
- night: €55.00
- Allow additional guests: No
- Minimum days of a booking: 7
- Maximum days of a booking: 90
- High Chair: €3 Per Night
- Cot: €3 Per Night
- Stair gate: €2 Per Night
- Taxi from Malaga Airport to property for up to 4 persons: €70 Single Fee
- Taxi from property to Malaga Airport for up to 4 persons: €70 Single Fee
- Welcome Pack: €30 Single Fee
Custom Period Prices
|Start date||End date||Nightly||Weekends||Additional guests|
- Master Room
- 1 double bed
- 2 Guests
- Twin Bedroom
- 2 singe
- 2 Guests
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee machine
- Iron & ironing board
- Mountain Views
- Pool Views
- Sat TV
- Sea Views
- Sun terrace
- Swimming Pool
- Washing Machine
- Free Parking
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Cancellation Policy
- 4.1 Cancellation costs If you withdraw from the contract, we will invoice you the following cancellation charges: 43 days or more before the start of the rental period: 15% of the rental 42 to 29 days before the start of the rental period: 50% of the rental 28 to 21 days before the start of the rental period: 80% of the rental 20 days or less before the start of the rental period 100% of the rental The relevant date is the date of receipt of your notification (cancellation) It is recommended that the traveling party takes out travel insurance.
- Additional rules information
- DEPARTURE On departure we do not expect you to clean the property as it will be cleaned prior to the next arrival. We appreciate that the vast majority of our client always leave our properties in good order and we very much appreciate this however just as a reminder: Prior to departure we do require you to do the following: empty all used items from the fridge. Turn of all lights fans air conditioning units ect take away all the rubbish / garbage to the basura. Leave the property in a tidy condition. If you have moved any furniture beds ect please leave them how you found them on arrival. If the property has a BBQ please clean it and leave it in the same condition as you found it We are sorry to say that occasionally properties are found in an unacceptable condition. If the property is found in such a state, i.e. very dirty and any extra cleaning to the norm is required the owners insist that you be charged for the extra cleaning. We currently charge 19 Euros per hour for cleaning and this will be deducted from your damage deposit. A refundable security/damage deposit of 100 Euros will be required at the time of paying your balance payment, this will be returned to you on a satisfactory inspection of the property within seven clear days of your departure.
- The minimum stay is 7 nights
- The maximum stay is 90 nights
Hosted by jeanchadwick
- Super Host
- English, Spanish
- Profile Status
- Host rating
- Sort By: